The Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes started a primary school for the Indian Girls in 1899 in a house donated by Smt. Rajamma Thumboo Chetty. Since then the school came to be known as R.T.C. Girls’ School. In 1994 Mother Stanislaus was in charge of the higher classes l, ll and lll Forms. In 1994, Mother Maurice took over the school as the first Headmistress of the R.T.C. High school.
During the course of time R.T.C. High School came to be known as St. Joseph’s Convent Girls’ High School. As the years rolled by, the school witnessed immense growth and witnessed the silver Jubilee Celebration in 1968. With the fast speeding years and growing numbers the school celebrated its Golden Jubilee Year in 1994.
The institution grew in leaps and bounds and started St. Joseph's Pre- University College for Girls on the 22nd of June 2009.
The college offers Science, Commerce and Arts combinations. Dr. Sr. Sagayamary B is the first Principal of this esteemed institution.